New Medicines Service
Get support from your pharmacist when you have been newly prescribed a medicine with the free NHS New Medicine Service at Links Pharmacy.
Why use the New Medicine Service?
If you have recently been prescribed a new medicine to help treat a long term condition your pharmacist could support you to ensure you are taking your medication appropriately especially during the early stage.
What is a New Medicine Service?
This is a free NHS service available at Links Pharmacy. It allows you to discuss with your pharmacist newly prescribed medication to treat one or more of the following long term conditions:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Conditions that require blood-thinning medication
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
How it Works
- Enquire in the pharmacy to see if you are eligible for the service or the pharmacy team will advise if a consultation is possible
- Have a 10-15 minute consultation with the pharmacist if you are eligible for the service in the first 7-14 days of starting treatment
- A follow up consultation 14-28 days later after starting treatment